Thursday, December 9, 2010

A very Vintage Christmas


THE house..the most wonderful house..an absolute dream to decorate for Christmas. Imagine my surprise when the Wrightsville Beach Magazine folks contacted us to help with their very special anniversary/Christmas issue and they mentioned the Landis-Smith house. I spent many a lazy summer afternoon in this house,listening to the surf ,sprawled over one of the cots on the porch while engrossed in a big ,thick beach read , cooked shrimp while sipping a crisp glass of wine in the tiny kitchen with two(yes two) stoves.

We  had rented the house several summers in a row and for me this was a labor of love..in fact I remember saying to my husband that I would love to decorate this house for Christmas.

The walls spoke to me of long summer days with sunburned shoulders ,sand on the floor and naps.Cocktails and cheese straws for the adults in the evenings while the children slipped off to bedrooms  that always seemed to have just enough of a breeze to sleep comfortably . And always the sound of the waves. 
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air."

No comments:

Post a Comment